Monday, January 15, 2018

Barn Door

I literally gasped a little when I saw the sliding barn door stamp set in the latest mini catalogue from Stampin' Up! I need some "thank you" cards and opted for a retired set called "Petite Pairs" for the sentiment behind the barn door. The sliding mechanism is simple. I purchased these washers for under $2 from Amazon and used the Stampin' Up video as a guide. The background is made with the 3D embossing folder called Pinewood Planks, I sponged it a little with crumb cake to add a little dimension.



The first card I made, I just stamped the barn door on Crumb Cake with black ink and mounted it. It looked really great but had no dimension, so I stamped a second door and used my 2 Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends to add shadows and dimension to the door. It worked really well and looks a lot better now!

Recipe
Stamps : Barn Door, Petite Pairs (ret)
Ink : Crumb Cake (sponging), Memento Black, Old Olive (wreath), Wisteria Wonder (flowers)
Cardstock : Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Basic Black

Accessories : Big Shot, Sliding Door Framelits, Pinewood Planks 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions EF, Stampin' Blends, mini dimensionals, washers, fine tip glue