Friday, March 9, 2012

Scoring/Fold Challenge

The challenge today on Splitcoast is to make a card incorporating a scored fold. You could make those cute rosettes, or any scored 'back & forth' fold. I decided to pull out the new Bright Blossoms set (I'm loving it!) and pair it with the Domestic Goddess Paper. It's the perfect match after the really bright card I made previously with this set!

Look at this fold, it's amazing. And it's not my idea, LOL. I humbly apologise to whomever came up with this, I was blog browsing, scribbled down the score dimensions THOUGHT I'd bookmarked the page so I could give credit, but I didn't. I must have been hurrying. If it's YOUR brilliant idea, let me know so I can acknowledge you!


To replicate this amazing fold, you will need a 12" strip of cardstock (cut to whichever depth you prefer) and you will score at :
1/4"   1/2"   1 1/4"   1 1/2"
2"   2 1/4"
3"   3 1/4"    3 3/4"
4"   4 3/4"
5"   5 1/2"   5 3/4"
6 1/2"   6 3/4"
7 1/4"   7 1/2"
8 1/4"   8 1/2"
9"   9 1/4"
10"  10 1/4"  10 3/4"
11"  11 3/4"

I broke it down so your eyes won't bleed :) You'll have to follow the close-up pics to see how it folds.

Recipe
Stamps : Bright Blossoms
Ink : SU Markers (In Colours)
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Pool Party, Domestic Goddess DSP
Accessories : Circle Punches, Simply Scored Tool, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Scallop Ribbon Edge Punch, 1/2 Crystal, Dimensionals, Tombow Glue

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is really great... I am not sure I can do it but thanks... the card is so happy and sweet

Julie A. said...

Awesome card! Love all the great details:)