Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sympathy & a Birthday

This first card is a quick and effective sympathy card. I stamped the tree in 2 colours, the trunk is Early Espresso, and the leaves are Always Artichoke. Once the image was stamped, I took the writing end of my Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker and highlighted the bottoms of the leaves. Then I tried a similar effect on the tree trunk. It's a VERY subtle way to add some shade and dimension to a solid stamp. Like I said, it's subtle so here's a closer look :)
 ... and on a slightly more cheery note, it's my friend Sue's birthday today! Happy Birthday, dear friend! Elaine and I are taking her out to lunch, then we're going to see Iron Lady all about our former PM, Margaret Thatcher (yes, we're ALL English!). Looking forward to a fun afternoon with my girlfriends. Oh, and look! It's another rolled flower ...
This card uses a Sale-a-Bration set WHICH YOU CAN EARN FOR FREE with every $50 spent called Elementary Elegance. Isn't it gorgeous? Lots of samples floating around out here on the internet if you google search it :)

Recipe
Card 1 ~ Stamps : Thoughts & Prayers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink : Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Tea Stain
Cardstock : Very Vanilla, Artichoke, Espresso
Accessories : 1/2 Pearls, Scallop Trim Punch, Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Circle Punch, Sponge

Card 2 ~ Stamps : Elementary Elegance
Ink : Pool Party
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Pink Pirouette
Accessories : Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Curly Label Punch, Pirouette 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon, 1 1/4" circle Punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma,

I love the extra touch on the tree leaves! Fabulous idea!

And what a lovely card for Sue. I'm sure she felt very special.

MichelleG