Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Leadership & a Sketch

I was in San Antonio for Leadership last week. Wow, that's one experience not to be missed! I know a lot of online Demos have blogged about it, so I shan't bore you with my details, BUT, if you're not sick of hearing about it and would like to see some of my pics, then click here for more photos.

I'm busy prepping for my Clubs this weekend, but I thought it may be a good idea to get my mojo going with this week's SCS sketch.

Did you see the make n' take from San Antonio regionals? It's such a cute flower and it's made with our punches. Here's a close up. The flower base and 2nd layer are made with the layered 'triple flower punch' and the centre is made using the dotted kite from 'Send me Soaring' and then punched out with the small heart. You need 4 hearts to make the flower centre. It's topped off with an itty bitty button and twine. Cute, don't you think?
 Here's a close-up of my version of the Regionals flower. I used Tuesday's colour challenge colours and thought the black layer would make it all 'pop'.


Recipe
Stamps : Send me Soaring, Outlined Occasions (sentiment)
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black
Ink : Lucky Limeade
Accessories : Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Black Button, Limeade Baker's Twine, Small Heart Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Triple Flower Punch, Dimensionals, Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Word Window Punch

1 comment:

Nicolemj said...

Very pretty!! I love the sketch!