Monday, January 31, 2011

Something New to Try


Good Morning! I managed to sneak in the TLC today from SCS before I head out to spend the morning with a friend. The Technique today is to 'double emboss'. You pass your cardstock through any embossing folder (I used Perfect Polka Dots) and then you brayer versamark ink over the raised parts and put embossing powder over the top. I used White EP. Looks cool, doesn't it! Bev Gerard has a video if you'd like to see how to do it. You can find it linked on today's TLC on SCS.

Here's a close up of the birthday cakes!


Recipe
Stamps : Birthday Bakery
Cardstock : Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Watercolour Paper
Ink : StazOn
Accessories : Big Shot, Polka Dot EF, White EP, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Aquapainter & WWCrayons, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon


4 comments:

Krista Clark said...

I came across your card on Splitcoast Stampers - it is adorable! I cannot find the link for the instructions on SCS website tho. Can you help?? Thx.

Kim said...

Beautiful card Emma - I frequently visit your blog and I love your style, so I wanted to leave you a little something on my blog - hope you'll check it out!

Emma Fewkes said...

MESSAGE FOR KRISTA CLARK

Krista, if you come back for an answer, you find the directions at www.splitcoaststampers.com, scroll down to daily challenges, click on Technique Lovers Challenge and find the one for today ... double embossing. Full details are in the first post.

Hope that helps!

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so tickled that you enjoyed embossing on dry embossing! What a darling ... and yummy creation!

Smiles,
Bev Gerard