Friday, December 31, 2010

Leadership Swaps

Well, in less than 2 weeks I'm taking a trip of a lifetime. You may be expecting me to say "I'm going to Egypt to see the pyramids, or "I'm going to Australia with Oprah" .... but actually, I think it's more exciting than both of those things! I'm going to Stampin' Up Leadership in Nashville Tennessee with my 2 FABULOUS SU demo buddies, Dawn Marie and Debra. We are like little kids on Christmas Eve ... of course, I'll be blogging from The Gaylord Opryland Resort with all the exciting things SU will be doing with us. Did I say I cannot wait? Hee hee.

I thought you might like to see 2 swaps I've prepared using new product from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. I love how they turned out. The first one "Nature Walk" is very CAS, but there's actually a lot of work in it. I used the new tulip border embossing folder but cut out the centre rectangle and popped it up on the main card using dimensionals. Then the centre is just very plain with the bird image stamped straight onto a mounted piece of River Rock. It's also popped up so the dimensions adds quite a lot of visual interest.

My 2nd swap is using the new 'Sew Suite' set ... I wanted to get fabric into this card and thought some fancy quilting stitches would be appropriate too :) I love how this turned out.


Recipe 1
Stamps : Nature Walk
Cardstock : River Rock, Crumb Cake
Ink : Early Espresso
Accessories : Framed tulips Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Early Espresso 1/8" Tafetta Ribbon, Buttons, Linen Thread

Recipe 2
Stamps : Sew Suite, In Stitches (Wheel)
Cardstock : Regal Rose, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Ink : Baja Breeze
Accessories : Vintage Springtime Fabric, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon, Sewing Machine, Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter

3 comments:

Debra said...

These are fabulous Emma! Love, love, love them!
I cannot wait to go to Leadership! WOOOHOOO!!!

MY Inky Fingers said...

Those are GORGEOUS! WOW!Beautiful! And I'm excited for you...leadership! How exciting!

StampinWithTara said...

I was lucky enough to participate in this swap and received both of these beauties! You did an awesome job on both! Thanks so much for sharing!