Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Stamping; Baking Day Today!

I spent the morning cleaning my kitchen in preparation for my friend, Elaine, coming over for a spot of Yorkshire Tea this afternoon! Well, when Elaine arrived, Sarah said "Gosh, it's a shame we don't have a Victoria Sponge" ... so we all decided we'd make one!!! Mum knows that I've been struggling with my cakes sinking in the centre ... well, mum, I don't know if it's because Elaine was standing next to me when I made it ... but today's Victoria Sponge was 100% perfect! We put whipped cream and strawberries in the centre and dusted icing sugar on the top.

Mmmmmmm .... is there any left?

Come to think of it, it was 'almost' worth not stamping today, just to have that cake :) Well, almost!

4 comments:

Debra said...

YUM! Looks wonderfully delicious!

The Inked Stamper said...

Mmmmmmmm! Looks so tasty! I'd put my stamps down for that too!
TFS
Dawn
http://theinkedstamper.blogspot.com/

Courtney Johnston said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This looks absolutely AMAZING! I'm 36 weeks pregnant and now I've got a sweet tooth!!

Gotta go search the kitchen!! I know there's nothing quite this yummy in there but hopefully I'll find something! LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Courtney

Unknown said...

That is just WAY too tempting!