Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mojo Monday and a Colour Challenge


I keep looking at the Mojo Monday sketches, meaning to incorporate them into my cards, but I've never actually DONE it! So today, the colours were so scary to me (Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Orchid Opulence) that I thought if I concentrate hard on the sketch, I'll forget about the scary colours!!! It worked!

I gave my mum this stamp set for her birthday last week, so have been using it a lot to show her she doesn't need to be scared of IT! Get it out mum, play with it and you'll LOVE it!

Here's a close up of one of the birds. I used Crystal Effects and micro beads to add some dimension to the birds' wings and I think it looks great. I forget to use the beads and they're so easy to use. Maybe I'll do another video to show you how to incorporate them into your projects :)


Recipe
Stamps : Cheep Talk, Thankful Thinking (sentiment)
Cardstock : WW, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink : Rich Razzleberry
Accessories : SU Markers (RR, Old Olive, Orchid Opulence), Crystal Effects, Micro Beads, Embossing Folders, Big Shot, RR grosgrain polka dot ribbon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. as usual TFS

Debra said...

Adorable! I love the beads on the wings.

Nancy said...

Right on, Emma!! Cute card :)

Kim said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

Hi Emma,

I found your blog after visiting Jo's Stampin 'n Stuff blog, she mentioned your paper roses tutorial and I just had to come and have a look.

I love your work and I think you did a gorgeous card with such strong colours.

Thank you for the tutorial as well, I just have to get out that scallop punch now :-)

Georgie

jimlynn said...

So cute and I really like the colors you used.