Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A New Technique

This is turning into the craziest week so apologies for my lack of posting. Just wanted to share something with you from Regionals. One of the demonstrations was how to tweak the SU Embossing Folders. I also tried something else for the first time ... I dyed the flowers from the pretties kit in Ruby Red re-inker, I love how they turned out!

I used my Big Shot Die, Oval Scallop Frame, and made a template from chipboard which just so happened to be the backing in our projects folders handed out at Regionals ...










You can see from the above photos what the chipboard template looks like. It's very easy, you just place your cardstock into the Folder, but instead of making the sandwich according to the Big Shot Platform instructions, you make it as follows:
Closed Platform
Chipboard Template
Embossing Folder
Cutting Plate
This sandwich gives just enough pressure to make the impressions around the oval (you can see the shadow in the first pic which is where the design will show) which leaves the centre nice and flat for your stamped image. I'm going to spend spme time going through all my Big Shot dies to see what other shapes I can make! It's a great way to take your cards up a notch.

Club girls, this is one of our projects tomorrow evening :)

Recipe
Stamps : Home for the Holidays
Cardstock : Whisper White
Ink : Ruby Red
Accessories : RR Ink & Blender Pen, Big Shot, Oval Scallop Die, Petals a Plenty EF, Pretties Kit, RR Brad

2 comments:

Heide said...

Ohhhh.....ahhhhhh, looks gorgeous! So looking forward to club!!!!! This is so cool, as I was reading it, I was saying to myself, Oh.....I hope we learn this at club!
If not I am going to pick Emma's brain!!LOL!!

Debra said...

This is gorgeous Em!