Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Birthday Card Sketch

Today's Splitcoast sketch is nice and simple. I needed to make a birthday card for my friend, Laura, and came up with this. It's 'Shabby Chic' and I really love how it turned out! For the focal image, I started off by stamping 'En Francais' in Creamy Caramel onto the card ... making sure not to cover the entire thing, then I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa. Then I used Versamark to stamp the flourish and embossed it with Gold EP. The tiny 'Happy Birthday' is stamped in Old Olive. For all supplies, please see the recipe below.

Here's a close-up of the 'shabby' focal image. The 'dots' were made by using Chocolate Chip Designer Paper, this paper has a white core, so once it's been run through the Big Shot with a Texturz Plate to get the dots, you just lightly sand over the top to reveal the white core. I love how this looks!

Recipe
Stamps : Friends 24-7, Teeny Tiny Wishes, En Francais
Cardstock : WW, Old Olive, Choc Chip DSP
Ink : Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Versamark
Accessories : Gold EP, Texturz Plate, Big Shot, Sander, Taffeta Choc Chip Ribbon


No comments: