Monday, July 13, 2009

Redeemed with CAS

... so I feel I've redeemed myself after the grid card (yuk) with this CAS card. Today, the CAS challenge was to choose a piece of artwork from art.com and recreate it in the style of CAS (clean and simple).

Here's a link to the artwork I chose to use as my inspiration piece ~ Fresh Limes. I just love this photograph so I recreated it with a square card of Shimmery White. I rock n' rolled the limes in Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke and stamped them onto a scrap of Shimmery White. Using the square 1 3/8" punch, I punched out the limes and mounted them on Old Olive. I made another outer border and hey presto ~ it doesn't get much easier than that. A tiny sentiment on the bottom and it's job done.

And here's a close-up of the limes which were dusted with SU's Dazzling Diamonds for an extra bit of 'something'.

Recipe
Stamps : Tart & Tangy, sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock : Shimmery White, Old Olive
Ink : Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke
Accessories : Dazzling Diamonds, glue pen

No comments: