Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby Booties

Just wanted to share another project I've been working on. My cousin, Kate, is expecting her first baby on September 1st and I'll be seeing her when I go to England in August. She doesn't want to know the sex of the baby so we'll have to wait until the little one arrives for that surprise. Anyway, when I see her, I want to give her a tiny something so I found the perfect inexpensive gift in Target the other day ~ these adorable tiny teddy bear booties for a newborn. They really are just the sweetest thing! Well, you know a stamper could never give a gift without some sort of gift-box, right? So I made a customised box, the base uses Barely Banana, and the lid uses Mellow Moss.
I cut an 8 1/2" square and scored on all 4 edges at 2". After burnishing the folds, I cut diagonally from the outer edges into the point where the scores intersect, this makes a nice, clean corner. The base of the box was cut 1/8" smaller (8 3/8") and scored at 2". This makes a nice, snug fit. The booties lay perfectly inside the box. Just pray the box doesn't get squished on the way to England!!!! The Teddy image is from a new set from SU called Teddy & Train. I coloured him with Copic markers. I then used my nesties to cut the scallop square and the layers are from the same 2 colours I used to make the box.

Recipe
Stamps : Teddy & Train
Cardstock : Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Whisper White
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories : Choc Chip stitched grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities, Big Shot

2 comments:

Debra said...

Adorable Em. Love the colors too.

Ashley said...

OMG! So CUTE!!! Love that box and that bear stamp so much! I almost bought those same booties last night for my little man! LOL!! This makes me wish that I had! LOL!
Hugs,
Ash-