Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gamsol & Colouring Pencils

Today was such fun! I went to the StampScrapArt Tour in the Southfield Pavillion ... whilst there, I came across Jackie from Inky Antics ~ what fun stamps they have! Jackie was demonstrating Gamsol and Colouring Pencils which is another fun way of colouring your stamped images. Luckily, she was selling little bottles of the Gamsol and a small packet of the blending stumps ... so of course I had to get them! I also bought this adorable pig stamp ... anyone that knows me well, knows that I LOVE pigs (ask my mum!). So here's my very first attempt at colouring with Gamsol ~ I think this could be very addictive!


I popped the image up by cutting out the head and layering it, then cutting out his ears and snout and layering them. Quite a good effect on such a plain card.
Recipe
Stamps : Pig & Sentiment, Inky Antics
Cardstock : Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories : Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Square Scallop Nestabilities, Gamsol & Pencils

7 comments:

MY Inky Fingers said...

Good job, Emma! Now you can teach me the Gamsol technique!

Cathy said...

I love it, Emma! I've been having a lot of fun with my Prisma pencils, too.

Cathy S.

Anonymous said...

Oh the pig is so cute. Love it and so simple. Someday I will find the time to stamp again.

juniperbarn said...

Great coloring! Cute, cute little piggy!

Unknown said...

Love your card! Coloring is great!TFS

Laura said...

Adorable! What a cute little piggy. Love it.

Marilyn N said...

Emma, I bought this pig stamp last year at the same tour -- I loved it, too! :) Haven't used my Gamsol yet, but I love the shading/blending possibilities!