Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tea Bag Holder




I wanted to let you see my version of the Tea Bag Holder card. It's very quick and easy and makes a great card/gift for someone who might need cheering up!

To make the card, cut a piece of cardstock 10" x 3 1/4". Score along the long edge at 3 1/4", 3 1/2" and 6 3/4". Use your bone folder to crease along the score lines. From the photo you can work out which is the back piece of the card, cut this at a diagonal to make a flap to hold your tea bag and fold it back towards the centre of the card. I used Tombow multi adhesive on the corner to hold it in place. Pop in a tea bag (mine's very posh, Fortnum & Mason!). Decorate as you wish and pass along to a friend, they're guaranteed to love it!

My tea bag holder today is using SU's new 'In Colours' which will be available in the new Fall/Winter Catalog due out on 11th August. They're great! The card base is Riding Hood Red, layered with Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose DP (the plaid) and the tea pot is stamped on Pink Pirouette. It's a very simple card but I like it! The buzzy bees on the teapot had their wings coloured with a Sakura Stardust Gel Pen for some shimmer and the teapot itself was watercoloured using the same In-Colours.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

This is awesome Emma! I just love those beezy lil bees! LOL! I'm sure this will cheer up who ever recieves it!

Anonymous said...

i searched scs to find a tea bag card and yours caught my eye. thanks so much for the details in this post. can't wait to try it!!!