Thursday, July 3, 2008

Scored Background & Wedding

Apologies for my lack of posting recently ... on Friday our computer was taken away to have a larger hard-drive installed. The job should only have taken 24 hrs but unfortunately, when they started to work on it, they found out that the windows operating system was corrupted. So the result was 5 days without a computer ~ yikes! Amazing how lost one feels without it! The funny thing was, that when Joel (our IT guru) came over to hook it all back up I joked about our nasty old printer and said 'gosh, I wish it could have an accident or something' .... so as if to tempt fate, the following day I decided to print out some paperwork and lo-and-behold the printer wouldn't work! Too funny ... actually not funny because on top of the computer repair bill, I then had to find another wad of cash for the new printer. However, now the computer is working wonderfully and the new printer/copier/scanner is FANTASTIC ... just wish I'd built that into this month's budget!


So, onto today's card. The WT (Ways to Use It) challenge over on splitcoast today is to use scoring lines on a card. I decided to take the opportunity to try to make a wedding card for my cousin, Kate. She gets married in September but I want the card to be perfect so this is prototype #1. There will be more to follow!

I used the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base in PTI's new Ivory. I then layered the background with Chocolate Chip and River Rock. The River Rock piece was 4"x5 1/4" and I used my Scor-Pal to make a diamond grid of score lines. The photo doesn't really do this technique justice, it looks a little uneven but IRL it looks much better. The centre square is 3" with layers of River Rock and Choc Chip behind it. Again, I scored around the central image with the Scor-Pal. I used 'Together Forever' as the stamp set and the initials are from the 'ambassador' set at PTI. A few pearls at the corners and all done. Quite a simple card but I like it!


2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! I don't think I would go any further, prototype #1 looks good to me.
LeAnne

Julia Aston said...

Love the scoring on this - and wonderful colors - great monogram stamping! can't wait to see more!